Thursday, September 28, 2023

Minds-I-Book

I finished writing The Life of Henry Fuckit almost 20 years ago. Two publishers rejected the manuscript, and I was left feeling humiliated and seriously wounded. After a while it occurred to me that the gatekeepers were too dumb to appreciate henry, and what was needed was something for them to look at instead of just reading a whole lot of text that was beyond them.

I commissioned a young graphic artist to draw 50 pictures based on incidents in the story. It was then that I thought of inviting all and sundry to join the illustrative process, and the Minds-I-Book project got underway. With the assistance of my daughter and son a website was designed and saw the light of day in 2014. Unfortunately, the project never took off and, discouraged, I added it to my list of failed enterprises.

The website remains open for inspection, and anyone wishing to contribute to the gallery is still welcome to do so. The Minds-I-Book can be found here

To view my longer pieces, you can find me on Smashwords here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Shot

  In my early twenties I went on a mission to take a drink in every bar in Cape Town. Not because I was particularly thirsty, but because I ...